Re-Spiro Express / Light/ Max
Pulmonary Conditional Training 7/ 14/ 21 days
Pulmonary rehabilitation on Lošinj is based on scientifically founded clinical and diagnostic methods that are combined with natural healing factors and the healing aerosol of the Island of Lošinj, all in accordance with centuries-old medical tradition on Lošinj. The pulmonary rehabilitation programme, Re-Spiro, in a term of 3 weeks is designed for people with mild obstructive breathing disorders, and has been developed in cooperation with Croatian Respiratory Association and Srebrnjak Children's Hospital in Zagreb.
Re-Spiro Programme is designed for:
- People with asthma or chronic bronchitis
- Smokers who smoke more than one pack of cigarettes per day and have done so for more than 10 years
- People who live in big cities and are chronically exposed to a high concentration of smog
- People who are exposed to inhalation of fumes, vapours, dust and toxic gases or work and live in polluted areas and are therefore in greater risk of pulmonary disease
- People with dyspnea, people who are of a sedentary type, people who don't tolerate strain and therefore suffer a shortness of breath during everyday activities
- People with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) categorised according to gold classification stage 1 and 2 or therapeutic groups A and B
Expected benefits of the programme are:
- Reduction of disease symptoms, particularly the level of dyspnoea
- Improvement of life quality
- Improved handling of physical activity in everyday life enabling of independence and a feeling of good general condition
- Improved sense of disease control
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Reduction in hospitalisation rates because the aggravation of disease and hospitalization are less common
Multidisciplinary team consists of a nutritionist and trained therapists (kinesiologists), headed by a medical specialist in internal medicine M.Sc. Anamarija Margan - Šulc, MD. The team will support the client and motivate him/her during the programme, in an excellent and comfortable ambience at Vitality Hotel Punta.
The first day include examination by a specialist. During the initial examination, the doctor reviews the client's medical history. Clinical examination consists of blood pressure measurement, weighing, interview and diagnostic procedures including spirometry, oximetry and electrocardiogram.
Therapy is focused on breathing exercises, respiratory muscle exercise and drain exercises for better expectoration. Clients, with the help of a kinesiolgists, are taught breathing techniques in healing in the environment of the protected forest park.
Along with the professional medical team, natural healing factors, due to which the island of Lošinj was in 1892 proclaimed a health resort, will contribute to improvement in health condition. These are the mild climate, the sunlight with an average of 2,631 hours of sunshine per year, sea water which is constantly controlled and its purity is impeccable, sea aerosol with a lot of salt dispersed in the air, algae in Lošinj aquatorium (265 species), vegetation, clean air, in the summer olives, pine, juniper pollen as well as pollen of various aromatic plants and marine peloid.
- When the programme reservation request such, it is necessary to send medical documentation, so the medical specialist will be able to confirm the appropriateness of the Re-Spiro Light programme according to client's diagnosis and health condition, and after this, the reservation can be confirmed
- The most suitable period for pulmonary rehabilitation is during spring or autumn, while during summer months rehabilitation is not performed. Spring season in 2018 lasts to 31 May 2018, and autumn from 10 September 2018
- Rehabilitation includes 60 minutes of exercise per day (one session in the morning and one in the afternoon)
- Exercising is carried out in groups, and the optimum number of participants is 8 to 15 people
- With frequent and longer participation in the programme health benefit increases (the optimal participation period is 6 weeks). Participants are recommended to continue with the exercises after returning home
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR THE PROGRAMME:
- Cardiovascular disorders such as hypertension and heart diseases (cardiomyopathy, ischemic heart disease, heart failure, heart valve diseases and congenital abnormalities of the heart)
- Infectious respiratory diseases and other infectious diseases (chronic or acute)
- Possible acute or exacerbation of pulmonary diseases that requires hospitalisation
- Neuromuscular diseases that prevent the implementation of the rehabilitation programme
- Fitness and group exercise programmes at extra cost according to price list are also available
- Physical therapist available at extra charge according to the price list
- Training Programme is a group, but there is no minimum number of people that must be included in the programme
- Guests can come and start the programme any day of the week
- Programme is conducted in Croatian or English
THE PROGRAMME COST INCLUDES:
- 2 x Medical examinations - blood pressure measurement, weighing, spirometry, oximetry, electrocardiogram, interview, clinical evaluation and comparison of the results from the beginning and the end of your stay
- 10/ 21/ 34 x exercises with a therapist - relaxation exercises, strength exercises, breathing exercises (twice a day for 30 minutes)
- 1/ 2/ 2 x nutritional counselling sessions